The unboxing process of the Sidewinder X1 was a very pleasant experience. The printer come in a very sturdy box with nice closed cell foam to protect the printer during shipping. My printer came in perfect condition; with all parts in their respective places in the box.
What’s in the Box?!
- X/Y frame with extruder attached.
- Printer base with y-axis and heated bed pre-assembled.
- Top mounted spool holder
- Power cable
- Instruction manual
- Tools for assembly
- Assembly hardware
- Filament runout sensor
The Sidewinder X1 is definitely at the top of the list when it comes to ease of assembly. I would consider this printer 99% assembled out of the box. It took me approximately 20 minutes from the time I opened the box to having the printer fully assembled, and printing.
- 99% Assembled out of the box
- Wiring clearly labeled
- Less than 10 total screws to fully assemble
- Full built in under 20 minutes
- Good assembly instructions
- Ribbon cable plugs can be difficult to align.
- Z-axis endstop has to be aligned at 75mm on the Z-axis, but they dont give any tool to make this easy.
My initial experience with the Sidewinder X1 has been great. I think the overall build quality of the printer excedes every other printer in its price range. You can currently find the Sidewinder X1 on Artillery’s official Aliexpress store for $498.96. The machine is easy to assemble, runs quietly, heats up quickly, and prints nicely. I do not think you can ask for much more of a printer in this price range. I will continue to put the Sidewinder through its paces. Keep an eye out for a full video review on our YouTube channel in the coming weeks.